ubuntu and kubuntu

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Sep 4 23:01:08 UTC 2006

Felipe Figueiredo said...
> On Sunday 03 September 2006 15:11, marc wrote:
> > Eamonn Sullivan said...

> > > Yeah, that's true. I was way oversimplifying in my first statement.
>
> > > The Systems Settings thingy in KDE (or whatever it's called) is
> > > virtual clone of the OS X one, for example.
> >
> > Odd, because when I saw it, I deleted it; KControl is a far better tool.
>
> Are you saying System Settings is not kcontrol? ;-)

No, I didn't say that. But now you mention it, it's not.

There's some odd psychology that must apply to users of these tools.
Some prefer to click and go back and click and go back, while others
prefer tabs. It's like preferring Internet Explorer to Firefox. I'd
never thought of Gnome as the interface for IE users, but now I
understand its popularity :-)

> I could swear it was some sort of front-end for kcontrol

Nah, they're both interfaces for a number of apps that provide the
functionality.

--
Best,
Marc