mythtv front end debs?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Sep 3 13:17:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 06:25:59PM -0700, Simon Skogh wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 21:00 -0400, stan wrote:
> > Anyone know what I have to put in /etc/apt/sources.list
> > to install the mythtv frontend?
>
> Just activate the universe and multiverse repositories and that should
> probably do it. Start by simply uncomment those lines in the
> sources.list-file. I can see the frontend with apt-cache search mythtv,
> and I can't remember adding any special repositories for it.

Interestign. Then what am I doing wrong here?

Script started on Sun 03 Sep 2006 09:13:49 AM EDT
root at brown2:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper universe
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper universe

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-backports main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper-backports main restricted universe multiverse

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security main restricted
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security universe
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper-security universe
deb http://www.getautomatix.com/apt dapper main
root at brown2:~# apt-get update

root at brown2:~# apt-cache search mythtv
libmyth-0.18.1c2a - Common library code for MythTV and add-on modules (runtime)
root at brown2:~#
Script done on Sun 03 Sep 2006 09:14:35 AM EDT
(Dennis Ritchie)