Want Realplayer in Edgy?

Rosalind Mitchell rosalind.mitchell at swimbarrow.co.uk
Mon Oct 30 09:27:43 UTC 2006

On Sunday 29 October 2006 21:17, Ulrich Steffens wrote:
> if sound isn't working, you have to:
><snipples>

I upgraded to Kubuntu Edgy at the weekend and found I'd got my old problem
back with listening to the radio thorugh my Plantronics headset via
Firefox/RealPlayer.

I did as you suggested and indeed I could get the radio through the headset,
but only at a very low volume.  Furthermore, everything else including the
system sounds is now playing back at very low volume.  I've got all the
volume settings on full, but what reaches my ears is so quiet it;s barely
worth it.

Any suggestions?

Rosie