sharing a calendar profile between two computers

Sébastien Barthélemy Sebastien.Barthelemy at crans.org
Wed Oct 25 20:31:34 UTC 2006

Le mardi 24 octobre 2006 à 00:47 -0400, Brian McKee a écrit :

> It might be fun to try - but I wouldn't expect this to be easy.  The problem
> with the USB stick idea is that it's not really 'syncing', you're just
> copying.  You would have to be very careful to never make an edit after you
> copy the files to the USB stick on either end, or it'll disappear.

Unison (http://packages.ubuntu.com/unison) may be the right tool for
that:
it can sync two locations (through network or not, usb stick is ok) and
check himself which one is the good. If both have changed since the last
sync, it warns you.

I used to sync my /home (with mail and config files...) between two
computers for 1 year, it is really efficient. Of course you need the
same versions of the softwares on both sides.

You will probably need to adapt the config file if you use the usb
stick, in order to prevent him to believe the "date" field of the
filesystem.

--
SB