palm handheld support in dapper and edgy

Sébastien Barthélemy barthelemy at crans.org
Tue Oct 31 19:40:45 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I recently got a dell d620 laptop. Installing Ubuntu dapper was easy: Fn
keys for screen and sound, wifi, bluetooth, 16/10 screen resolution
(with the nvidia quadro graphic card) worked very well out of the box.

Suspend to ram/disks works partially, I think it is possible to get it
working perfectly.

The bad point is my palm (tungsten E2) handheld, that does not work with
dapper and seems quite unsupported. I was quite surprised, since
gnome-pilot and evolution are in the core ubuntu reps.

I read the forum and it seems that noone succeeded to get it working
with evolution on dapper (neither with the usb wire nor with bluetooth).

The question is : does it work for someone on dapper or edgy ?

thanks a lot for any hint

Cheers

--
Sebastien