php5 source and apache2 package install bolloxed

Dan Rossi spam at electroteque.org
Tue Oct 31 14:55:14 UTC 2006

Shrikar archak wrote:
> even i am facing the same problem. It just displays the code . I think
> when u add action derivative to the apache2.conf file and try to
> restart apache it say action word misspelled or something of that kind
> Please let me know if u get a solution to the problem
> Thanks
> Shrikar

this is bizarre, this is purely a backward compat thing, try making the
start php tag <?php instead of <? it parsed properly. Very strange.

i recompiled php as a cgi only, and have it running under suphp, its
fine as is with <? . even on a dual core 1.8 opteron was was getting 5%
cpu just loading a page via suphp, even when php is compiled in fastcgi
mode, woah, damn cgi.