Quick: How to record Battlestar Galactica Marathon tonight?

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Tue Oct 31 06:29:24 UTC 2006

Chanchao spake thusly on 10/30/2006 08:11 PM:
> Noticed Cinemax is doing all season 2-episodes this week in my region..
>
> I have a Pinacle video capture card works on Ubuntu, I've toyed around
> with some TV tuner tools and they work.  Those did not however offer
> recording in any format.
>
> I've also tried Myth, but that seemed like WAY overkill.. servers,
> clients, WTF..
>
> Ideally I'd like to have a basic viewer that will allow me to real-time
> record video in a sensible format. MPEG-2, or Xvid I guess.

If you've got Digital Cable you could try VDR or KDVR.

I came across another program somewhere (not in archive) that I can't
remember right now.

Or of you're not averse to propriety software and spending $80.00 you
could buy the Linux Version of Sage TV.

I've actually considered that myself.

http://www.sagetv.com/

--