recommend a UPS

Peter Stoddard peter at stoddard.name
Tue Oct 31 05:00:36 UTC 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 7:11 PM, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:

> On 10/30/06, wade at wadesmart.com <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:
>> 10302006 1552 GMT-6
>>
>> Someone recommend a UPS that works with Ubuntu?
>>

> I got an APC Back-UPS ES 750 for Christmas last year. I've had good
> success with it on my Gentoo server. It connects via USB to your
> computer and lets you do things like monitor battery level, shutdown
> automatically when batterly level reaches a certain level, etc. Ubuntu
> has a package for the control software called apcupsd.

I have just started using Edgy and I notice that apcupsd is not among
the packages available through synaptic.  I use an APC CS 500, which
also connects via USB, and would be interested in monitoring the
system through it.  Any suggestions for Ubuntu 6.10 packages?

Pete
--
Peter Stoddard -- GPG Key 4A1F5DA0