Supercomputing Challenge MMM, Oct 30, 2006

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 22:30:39 UTC 2006

Login as teacher, password #4ppl3#

Then use the passwd command to change the password to
something less widely known.

Then type the command:  sudo sh

This will get you a root shell

A lot of the admin tools are in the menus for the
teacher account.

If you are trying to install xamp and ATutor as your first
Edubuntu project, you are probably not the typical Linux
beginner.

Think all you need to do is plug a network cable into
the ethernet port on the Edubuntu box.  Assuming DHCP
is running on your network.  If not you will have to get an
ip number, etc. from your network administrator.

This book sounds interesting

http://books.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/09/143201

haven't actually seen a copy.

I've just been googling for anything I need to know,
or posting at  ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Drew