ati+beryl (composite on->no ati; composite off->no beryl) ?!

Ulrich Steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Mon Oct 30 15:15:59 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 30.10.2006, 10:39 +0100 schrieb morphex:
> Hi all!
>
> When I heard, that Edgy has AIGLX built-in, I decided to try this beryl
> stuff. I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M in my notebook, got acceleration
> from Ubuntu repositories.
> I found a lot of description how to intsall beryl, and I quickly figured
> out, that I am in a trouble.
> fglrx requires < Option Composite "Disabled" > in xorg.conf. Then beryl
> says: no composite extension.
> I couldn't find any good solution,
> tried Xgl, but I have the same problem.
>
> Please help me,
>
> Bálint Fodor

as far as i know you have two choices:

1.
use AIGLX, but then you CAN'T use fglrx. i had a look at
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon
and it looks that your chipset is supported, so use 'radeon' instead of
'fglrx' in the driver section of xorg.

2.
disable composite and use XGL with fglrx.
in /etc/X11/xorg.conf use
	Option  "Composite"     "Disable"

although i havnt had much luck with XGL. radeon 9800 here...

ulrich