wmware or codeweavers under edgy

Mark Warner markwarner1954 at att.net
Sun Oct 29 21:44:03 UTC 2006

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> Paul Kaplan <pkaplan1 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Does anyone have vmware or codeweavers running under edgy?
>
> I have just installed Edgy (Gnome), then VMWare workstation 5.5, and
> it works fine.
> Actually it works better than in Dapper, as sound mixing is working
> now it seems, so I can have sound in the VM even if the host is
> already playing music or something. I used to have to restart the
> gnome session and fire up VMware first thing, if I wanted sound in
> the VM ! Also, it's easier than ever to install: gcc and the kernel
> headers are installed by default in Edgy, and the VMWare configure
> script finds automatically the proper path to the headers (used to
> have to put it manually).

I did an update of Dapper to Edgy. My VMWare Server was broken as a
result, but downloading the kernel headers and rerunning the VMWare
Server installer (which recompiles the program to match the new kernel)
broght everything back to where it should be. My pre-existing (from
Dapper) VMs were intact and unaffected. JME. YMMV.

--
Mark Warner
lose .inhibitions when replying