EDGY updates?

SteVe Cook yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:13:02 UTC 2006

Frank McCormick wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:09:41 +1300
> Dion LeBlanc <obsidion at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>>    BTW is anybody else having problems with Xorg? I get what looks
>>> likes static lines when I scroll. In firefox for example I can see
>>> them in the scroll bar area but not on the main page. I have tried
>>> reconfiguring, and my hardware is certainly not exotic.
>>>

>>   That sounds like a wrong refresh rate and/or vertical ...
>> horizontal setting check them out in /etc/X11/xorg.conf or reset from
>> a tty sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg. Basically I think edgy is
>> throwing a lot of hassles at we users.
>

>    Nope. The proper vertical/horizontal rates are in xorg.conf...and I have already reconfigured
> xserver-xorg. Strange but Dapper didn't have the problem. Seems to be something in the 7.0 series of xorg.
>
> Cheers

I installed edgy on a 866MHz PIII with a nVidia MX400 video card this
afternoon and have been surfing on it for the past couple of hours and
the problem hasn't shown it's self.  It still shows on the old i810
based machine, a lot more than I realised now I'm looking for it.
It does get worse the more the machine is stressed.  With an audio
player and a couple of instances of OOo open it does occur more then if
only one app is open.  Looks like It could be fun isolating this one!

SteVe