Why Rhythmbox instead of Banshee?

Adriano Varoli Piazza moranar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 08:51:25 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Adriano Varoli Piazza <moranar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to try Banshee, nonetheless.

I was going to go on a rant about how, the very first time I opened
Banshee, it mangled my ID3 tags (most of the files in my music library
are tagged or at least checked by me, and EasyTag and Rhythmbox had no
problems with them), and about how UTF-8 is or should be something so
common as to be a given, but in repairing one of the files with
EasyTag I find this nicety:

"You have tried to save this tag to Unicode, but it was detected that
your versio
n of id3lib is bugged. Please apply to id3lib the patch src/id3lib_3.8.3_UTF16_w
riting_bug.diff available in EasyTag package sources"

So, no rant and off to Launchpad. Be Warned, though.
--
Adriano Varoli Piazza
The Inside Out: http://moranar.com.ar
MSN - GTalk - Jabber: moranar at gmail.com