Copy .deb files from separate dir to /var/cache/apt/archives

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Sat Oct 28 18:30:58 UTC 2006

OOzy Pal wrote:
> How can I copy a bunch of .deb files from multiple directories to
> /var/cache/apt/archives in one shot to avoid downloading again.

*I use TKDESK to copy as many files at a time over to any folder...

TKdesk does many things, it will extract most all zip, bz2, gz, files,
and more...

If you do not have it, you can go too http://tkdesk.soureforge.net, and
download the latest version...

One you startup tkdesk your can have multiable columns. choose options
and click on most everything you think you might need...Whats good about
using it, is it will do many things rather than typing in commands from
a terminal screen...

Hope this helps Larry

*