EDGY updates?

Frank McCormick fmccormick at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 28 17:47:10 UTC 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:40:29 +0100
Eamonn Sullivan <eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/28/06, Frank McCormick <fmccormick at videotron.ca> wrote:
> >
> >   It seems strange but I haven't seen any updates on this Edgy
> > machine since Wednesday of this week. Is Edgy perfect now ? If so I
> > have a few bugs to register :)
>
> That's just because it is now an official release. There will be only
> security updates, crucial bug fixes and the (very) occasional
> backport. To get your daily download fix, you'll have to move to the
> next unstable development version: Feisty Fawn. I wouldn't, though,
> for a while.

   No, I have enough problems with Edgy to go to Feisty now. Guess I'd better get those bug
reports in.

   BTW is anybody else having problems with Xorg? I get what looks likes static lines
when I scroll. In firefox for example I can see them in the scroll bar area but not on
the main page. I have tried reconfiguring, and my hardware is certainly not exotic.

Cheers