How can one say Linux is $-free . . . ?

YAGNESH N DESAI ynd at hzw.ltindia.com
Sat Oct 28 04:30:46 UTC 2006

Andy;

I have got the Mepis CDs (All 4 of them) and this weekend I
will try it out on my laptop.

I have browsed the CDs and found that these extra CDs are
having /dists/dapper/main/packages.gz * release files with the
each CD.

This structure is clearly a copy of Dapper archive hence I hope that
these CDs would directly run on "Synaptic package manager".

If above trick works then I might to Mepis only if I like the KDE in it.

I will check the details of DVD of ubuntu.

Regards

Yagnesh