Ubuntu 6.10 question for PPC platform - Touch pad insensitivity issues

Christopher Rhode chrisrhode at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 21:01:08 UTC 2006

Hello!

This is my first post to this list.  I am a brand new user to Ubuntu and was
wondering if someone would be able to help me out with a problem that I'm
having with my PPC install of Ubuntu 6.10.

The problem is this:  When I go to use the desktop CD the built in touch pad
that is in my 17" Apple PowerBook G4 does not seem to work like it should.
It seems as though I have to press rather hard on the pad to get the cursor
to respond and even when it does, the cursor moves very slowly.  I don't
have this problem when I use OS X, so I was thinking it was related to
Ubuntu (hence my post here).  Does anybody else have this problem with their
touch pads or have any idea as to how to go about rectifying the problem?

Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,
Christopher Rhode