RAlink RT61 not working in Edgy

Peter Brook drpeter.brook at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 27 07:59:50 UTC 2006

Joe Harrison <aloysius7 at gmail.com> wrote:
  For the life of me I cannot get my RALink pcmcia card working in Edgy. After some playing around it worked fine in Dapper but its well broken in edgy. Has anyone got this card working...and if so how?
  --
Joe Harrison
0403-082-123
aloysius7 at gmail.com
http://www.taswaterfalls.com

Registered Linux User: #396104
Somehow I knew in hell there would be mushrooms. - Guybrush Threepwood --
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

  Hi Joe

  Sorry, I am assuming RA Link is a wireless network card

  I have problems with internal Intersil (Prism) 3890 and seperately a USB card that I have posted to the group and as yet have been unable to resolve.

  There have been quite a few postings with other WiFi card problems too.  Although the internal card may have a problem with associated "launch key" on the laptop and I did not get it working on Dapper, the USB card worked fine on Dapper, but not Edgy - in fact it now seems to have fried itself and will not work at all...

  I wonder if anyone with a little more knowledge/skill in the area could tell us if there is a problem in Edgy , and if so whether it will be fixed or if there is a work-around.  Otherwise, can anyone recommend a PCMCIA card or USB that they know works with no problems under Edgy?

  Best regards

  Peter

  drpeter.brook at btinternet.com