FTP and TSL

Silent Ph03nix silentph03nix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:39:33 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 04:22, Emil Edeholt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to get FTP with encryption running on my ubuntu server (I
> don't need a paid cert). Is this complicated? I can't seem to find any
> info on this in the wiki. And btw how does one best search the mailing
> list archives? Are a google search with site:lists.ubuntu.com the only way?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Regards Emil

Have a look at vsftpd.  It will do ssl or tls encryption.  It's relatively
easy to setup if I remember once you read the vsftpd.conf man page.  Part of
the trick is finding a client that can actually connect to it since most
browsers won't do ssl or tls encryption for ftp.  As someone else mentioned,
sftp (which is built) into sshd.  So, the choice is yours.
--
Ph03nix