Back to Windows...

Wei-Yee Chan chanweiyee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:17:57 UTC 2006

U got me all wrong, Jason.  I wasn't not jeering at him in any way, but
I was merely pointing out to him that the problem may lie with him, and
not Linux.   As evident in the previous thread, we'd tried our best to
help him, but he gave me the impression that he wasn't doing very much
help himself.

If he refuses to give himself a chance, then I suppose Linux just isn't
for him.  When I said that he could go back to Windoze, I had meant it
without any sarcasm.  The only thing I was displeased about was his
comment that Linux isn't up to Windoze's mark.  To put it simply, I
think he has very little basis to draw a conclusion like that.

Having said all that, I suppose you'd understand why I cannot agree with
what you've said against me.

Switching to Linux may sometimes require a complete change in mindset.
This is especially so in the case of users who're too fixated on
Windoze.  It is possible to make Linux more Windoze-like but there are
limits.  Switchers should be realistic.

I strongly advocate ease of use, but I suppose users who insist on
measuring everything according to the Windoze benchmark would benefit
much by going back to Windoze.