Setting up a simple Web Server

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Tue Oct 24 09:47:53 UTC 2006

Hi again
I have installed the apache2 package, and when executing:

/etc/init.d/apache2 start

I get:

apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using
127.0.0.1 for ServerName

I have a DynDNS account (no static IP) so my IP is posted regulary.

I would like to set up a Virtual Server but don't know how...

Thanks!

On 10/24/06, Tim Penhey <tim at penhey.net> wrote:

> On 10/24/06, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wold like to install a simple Web Server on my Ubuntu 6.06.
> >

> Apache.
>

>  I wold like to make a few pictures available to my family overseas.
> > I also thought I wold like to install some music web server so I can
> > play my music file remotely over the Internet.... but this is less important
> > than the pictures.
> >
> > I am planning on using a bunch of static standard HTML files generated
> > by DigiKam HTML Export Kippi plugin.
> >
> > Any thoughts / guides  / pointers?
> >

> sudo apt-get install apache2
> then  the simplest is to put stuff in /var/www
>
> slightly more complicated is setting up a "site" for apache.
>
> Tim

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html