Radeon 9250 in Ubuntu

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Oct 23 23:09:12 UTC 2006

smithveg <smithveg at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, how can i do this?
> What do you means "I removed completely all traces of the fglrx drive".

Well, I just mean that if you installed the ATI driver manually, then the install script put files everywhere and I am not sure how to remove them "cleanly"/perfectly/entirely.
However if you installed it from the Ubuntu repositories, then it's easy... just remove the packages you installed ! ;-)
You probably installed these packages: "xorg-driver-fglrx", and "linux-restriced-modules-common", and "linux-restricted-modules-<kernel name>"... just uninstall them :-)
Also, remove "fglrx" from /etc/modules, in case you added it.

--
Vince