stop grub default from changing

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Oct 22 21:42:09 UTC 2006

The /boot/grub/menu.lst has default currently set to 4.  when I upgrade
two new entries are placed in the menu.lst file.  the new kernel gets an
entry along with the kernel recovery and the default value is set back
to 0.  It would be nice to have the default follow the current menu
entry therefore changing the value to 6.   Is there any way to automate
this or do I need to perform this change by hand after each kernel upgrade?

I would happy with having my default OS entry be number 0 and all new
kernels get newly installed at menu entry number 1 and the recovery
defined in menu entry number 2.

clues on this?

Cheers,
Noah