[solved maybe] Re: wireless giving trouble in Ubuntu recently

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:32:49 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, C Hamel <yogich at sc2000.net> wrote:
> It just hit me.  The tool I used ws 'iwlist scan'.  Duh!!

I don't know if you finally succeeded in making your bcm43xx card work...

I just had to make mine work on Edgy. Here's what I had to do:

- install bcm43xx-fwcutter: sudo apt-get install bcm43xx-fwcutter
- download firmware: wget http://boredklink.googlepages.com/wl_apsta.o
- extract firmware and copy it to /lib/firmware: bcm43xx-fwcutter -w
/lib/firmware/ wl_apsta.o
- unload bcm43xx module if loaded: modprobe -r bcm43xx
- add appropriate entry in /etc/network/interfaces
- load bcm43xx module: modprobe bcm43xx
- bring the interface up: ifup eth1

I haven't configured wep or any crypto yet.

In case that can help anyone...

Thanks,

--
Eric