Xinerama Screen Resolution Problem

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Oct 19 10:34:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 10:45:34AM -0600, drew einhorn wrote:
> Now that I have Xinerama turned on I can drag windows from monitor to
> monitor.

If your video driver supports MergedFB, it might be a better choice than
Xinerama.  XRandR works then, and you can change the resolution on the
fly, but only between combinations of video modes for both monitors you
specified in advance in the X configuration file.

My xorg.conf could be an example: http://mg.pov.lt/xorg.conf

Marius Gedminas
--
> find /lib/modules/2.4.17-expt/kernel/ -type f|while read i; do insmod $i; done
You're sick.  I like you.
	-- Andrew Morton on lkml