CNN wants Windows Media Player

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 23:56:17 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 5:52 pm, Paul Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 16:43 -0500, Kevin C. Smith wrote:

> > > Yes. Switch to Fox News :-)
> > >
> > > http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html
> > >
> > > They use Flash.
> >
> > Fox isn't news.
>
> I was gonna say the same thing, but I decided to hold it in until they
> make and 'ubuntu-politics' list.
>
> Anyways, try installing mplayer and mozilla-mplayer from the
> repositories. Also, try removing totem-mozilla. It sucks. Mplayer has
> much better plug-in support.

I was going to ask the same question and then I realized that I have two
kubuntu 6.06 boxes, one of which plays CNN video in konqueror while the other
complains that Windows Media Player is needed.  Neither has Mplayer
installed, but both have the win32codec packages installed.

Any ideas how to figure out which is the key package that gets me CNN?
Paul