(no subject)

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Oct 17 12:14:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 16:24 -0400, Tobiasissml at aol.com wrote:
> I am unable to play any movies/songs on my DVD ROM (Samsung Combo
> drive). Error message says "cannot open file....". TOTEM is installed
> already.
>
> I have not used any other Cds/DVDs other than the 5.0 and 6.0 OS DVDs.
> I also do not have an internet connection for my home computer yet.
>
> Can u help me fix this problem??
I would love to help you, but I don't personally have the solution. I
can tell you what to ask for thou. What you need is a cd or dvd with
more software on there are several ways to do this - but I've never
personally tried them. I suggest you write a new email with a subject
line like 'installing software offline - how?' and mention your problem
in that email. Then some people can help you.

Once you've worked out how to make a cd/dvd for your home computer
you'll need to make sure you have the correct software to solve your
problem. I suggest you try the vlc media player and all the packages
(files) it uses. That should fix the problem. If you live in the USA or
Japan you may be breaking patenting laws by installing vlc.

Duncan

--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk