Installing Kubuntu with Windows XP and Ubuntu on it

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 16 19:42:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-16-10 at 22:05 +0300, Artur Boicu wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
> Is it real to have Windows XP, Ubuntu and Kubuntu at the same time?
> If yes, then do I need to create one more ext3 and swap partition?

only if you want to use ubuntu and kubuntu as two entirely discrete
systems.  If you don't mind overlap, you can just:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop kubuntu-desktop

and have both kde (kubuntu) and gnome (ubuntu) on the same partition.

as for windows xp, you can folloiw the various howto's and/or just run
it under vmware -- the latter method is pretty stable right now and lets
you access all your windows stuff from inside linux.

matt