sources.list strange behaviour

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Sun Oct 15 21:05:15 UTC 2006

SteVe Cook wrote:
> Nick Darby wrote:
>
>> When opening gedit to have a look at a file I got this message:
>> (gedit:8935): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
>> Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
>> specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
> Welcome to the club :-)
> This issue has been raised before with no real answers.  It appears to
> be rather random, but oesn't seem to effct anything.

Not random for me. It's always happened:

x at x:~$ gksu gedit
(gedit:12822): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
[password entered here]
(yelp:12852): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
[exit from gedit here]
Unmatched element: citerefentry
Unmatched element: refentrytitle
Unmatched element: citerefentry
Unmatched element: refentrytitle

And yes you're right, it doesn't seem to affect anything (at least that
I can tell).