Switching to Gnome from KDE

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 18:14:27 UTC 2006

On 14/10/06, stude.list at googlemail.com <stude.list at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 13/10/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't understand why this doesn't work for me:
> > [snip]
> > dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ vim scp://localhost/
> This does rely on you having an SSH server installed, runnning and
> listening on the defualt port.
> Ubuntu doesn't have this by default, ships with no listening deamons I think.
> Can you make an SSH connection to localhost normally?

No, I forgot that I don't have sshd running locally :) But I tried to
servers that I can ssh into, and that failed as well. For instance:

dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ ssh user-changed at dotancohen.com/home/dotan/
Last login: Sat Oct 14 11:57:46 2006 from
l192-117-111-61.broadband.actcom.net.il
-jailshell-2.05b$

However, this does not work:
dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ vim scp://user-changed@dotancohen.com//home/dotan/

By the way, I have a key for this server isntalled so I do not need to
present a password. I ssh into this server several times a day, via
Konsole, Konqi, and Kate.

Dotan Cohen

http://easyanswers.info
http://dugry.com