Nautilus start-up issue w/ no Internet connection

blittle2 at nyc.rr.com blittle2 at nyc.rr.com
Sat Oct 14 17:31:32 UTC 2006

Hello, It seems that I cant a "Nautilius won't start" error if I
happen to not have internet access connected to my machine.
I am currently running Ubunt 6.06 on a iBook blue and white clamshell.
When I was running verison 5, all I had to do was run hwclock to reset
the machine's time and Nautilus woud start right again upon restart.
Now, since i've upgraded to 6.06, I get a "timestamp too far in the
future' error message if I run hwclock.
It seems that either Gnome or Nautilus won't run unless it checks
againt Internet time(?) How do set the machine's time so I can prevent
this? Sometimes, I just want to write in my living room which does not
have a port for Internet access like my bedroom does.

If you need more info from me to help me let me know.