Logitech High-End webcams?

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Sat Oct 14 12:31:02 UTC 2006

QuickCam Express doesn't follow the "USB Video Class" API, it is an
older camera. Either one of the old Logitech custom chipsets, or a
Philips based chipset... both of which have been supported in Linux for
some time. You are lucky. More modern webcams are a bit more tricky...
but... at least, they are now more or less standard. Soon the USBVC
driver should be part of Linux by default. :)

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*