Serious Evolution Problem

ruscook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 14 00:41:32 UTC 2006

I know this doesn't help your immediate problem, but as a FYI. I was
using Pop. What I did was move to postfix, fetchmail and dovecot (I
muddled through the setup, I'm not an expert at all).

Now fetchmail d/l (as a process regularly) from my many pop accounts
into my local account, via postfix. Dovecot provides the IMAP service so
I can use thunderbird or evolution or sylpheed  interchangeably as I
wish,  to access any mail folder using the imap protocol. This is MUCH
more efficient and flexible than a local database tied to one
application.

I don't know of an editor that can open an editing window/slice into a
file that is bigger than total memory - sorry. Well word etc will do it
and I think editpad, but I don't know of a linux one. Possibly one of
the text based editors like vim might do this? They will allow you to
search for your errant message by its FROM address and then you can
delete the message line by line I suppose.

Russ

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 14:18 -0700, wade at wadesmart.com wrote:

> 10132006 1615 GMT-6
>
> I had to move off of Thunderbird because of my large mail storage. Once I got above 3gigs it didnt work well.
>
> Im using a POP down loading off the server.
>
> How do you open a 1.2Gig file? gedit cant do it.
>
> wade

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au