Serious Evolution Problem

James Strandboge jamie at strandboge.com
Fri Oct 13 17:00:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 17:28 +0100, Steve Flynn wrote:
> On 13/10/06, wade at wadesmart.com <wade at wadesmart.com> wrote:
>         10132006 1058 GMT-6
>
>         My email is located in
>         .evolution/mail/local and then I can see Inbox.sbd
>
> Right -  Evolution  doesn't keep its mail in standard mbox format. In
> this case you're going too have to resort to speaking to the Evolution
> mailing list about what's the best way to go about resolving this
> problem. Not being an evolution user myself, I don't know if the
> program has the capability to export your mail to an easily editable
> file so you can sort this out quickly. Still needs a bug report filing
> against it. Again, the mailing list (and possibly the wiki) will be
> your friend here.

The 'sbd' in Inbox.sbd stands for 'subdirectory'.  Inbox.sbd is a folder
that contains subfolders that might exist under 'Inbox' in evolution.
However, the mail in the 'Inbox' folder in evolution is stored in the
file '~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox', and it is mbox:

$ cd
$ file ./.evolution/mail/local/Inbox
./.evolution/mail/local/Inbox: ISO-8859 mail text, with very long lines

Jamie
--
Anemone Computing
http://www.anemonecomputing.com/