Switching to Gnome from KDE

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Oct 12 14:13:56 UTC 2006

On 06/10/12 02:59 (GMT-0700) Constantine Evans apparently typed:

> It sounds like you don't have enough RAM, since F-Spot uses quite a bit
> of memory. Have you considered buying more RAM to put in the machine?
> You can buy 512 MB new for around $50 for most types of RAM, and for
> older types, I'm sure there are a variety of people who would be happy
> to give you some.

"Enough" RAM is problematic for probably most socket 7 users running up to
600 MHz. They typically hold no more than 256M. Those that can hold more
typically have too little cache for managing more than 256M. Many don't have
enough for caching more than 64M. New RAM for those old systems typically
commands at least a 50% premium over common types, particularly the oldest
with only 72 pin SIMM slots.
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped."				Psalm 28:7 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409