Switching to Gnome from KDE

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:07:51 UTC 2006

On 12/10/06, albi <albi at scii.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 03:20:12 -0700
> > I've honestly not seen why I should bother.
>
> not with that attitude ;-)

Yes, it's the things that take longest to learn that can be most
appreciated. Calculus, anyone?

> and which features does kate have which you want ?

As stated, I need to bookmark directories on remote machines accessed
via ssh. I also need to browse those remote filesystems, and I can do
that from within Kate.

> and running kate in Gnome is not an option for you ?

My goal is to reduce the load on this machine, and with all the KDE
libraries that Kate must load it is not quite viable.

Dotan Cohen

http://gmail-com.com/
http://auto-car.info/