Macbook

Luis Felipe Strano Moraes luis.strano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:40:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've a few questions regarding Ubuntu's support for the Intel-based Macbooks.
I've installed BootCamp, separateda 30gb partition for linux, and then
installed refit too. I tried to install Fedora Core 6,and it did
install flawlessly (but it had quite a few problems afterwards). I
want to install Edgy, but I've a few doubts :

1) Where do I tell the installer to put Grub ? I heard using the MBR
didn't work, so
I tried to tell it to use /dev/sda3 and it just crashed the installer ;
2) How do I avoid those apic-related kernel panics ?
3) What's the general status on the macbook support ? Is everything working
nicely ?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

--lf