Status of Home User Backup?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 11:52:15 UTC 2006

I just want to ask what the status of the Home User Backup application
in Edgy is?

Wiki page here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HomeUserBackup?highlight=%28home%29%7C%28user%29%7C%28backup%29

Launchpad spec:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/home-user-backup

I see that a version 0.0.5 of hubackup is present in Edgy. I installed
it, and it looks like a working app for simple backups and restores
(although actually the restore app doesn't seem to launch on my
system).

I don't see support for slicing backups over multiple files in it,
unless it does that automatically depending on the backup media
chosen. And indeed the wiki page says that is "already supports
multi-volume backups over CDs."

Is this usable now?