GUI backup manager?

Robert E. Butts himco2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 11 01:00:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 22:14 -0400, Dave M wrote:

> Is there a GUI based backup manager avalable for Ubuntu 6.06?
>
> I am looking for something that is reasonably easy to use, that can both
> copy files and folders to a DVD and/or compress them to an archive and then
> write the archive to a DVD. I need to be able to graphically define backup
> jobs, include or exclude files/folders and schedule the backup jobs to run
> unattended.
>
> Suggestions would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you for the help.

You have one already built into Nautilus.  Go to Places | CD/DVD
Creator.  Select the files you want to burn, click write to disk, then
select either your DVD drive, or File Image.  Writing to an ISO file is
no different than using ZIP or RAR or any of the other archive formats,
and ISO files have the advantage of being mountable, like this

mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop /path/somefile.iso /dir/subdir