Video format => *.flv

stude.list at googlemail.com stude.list at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 10 11:39:24 UTC 2006

Hi

On 10/10/06, Ricardo C O Freitas <ricardocastanho at uol.com.br> wrote:
> I can watch with no problem but....I need to transform into
> anything a little bit more friendly!

Are you trying to transform a .flv to another format? If so you don't
want an encoder for flv, that would make an .flv from something else.

Have you tried mencoder ? it claims to be able to encode from any
format mplayer can decode, unfortunately I never seem to get any of
the settings correct and it dies horribly, maybe you will have better
luck.

You might need to install some more codecs for mplayer.

I'll have a go at converting flv files a little later, and if I find
an easy way of doing it I'll let you know.

- Andy