.httacess Question.

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Mon Oct 9 15:03:05 UTC 2006

Now that I think about it, it may have been a caching issue as well.

Pat

<snip>
Yes, you send Apache SIGHUP (or restart it) after changing its config
file (httpd.conf).  But changing .htaccess doesn't require SIGHUP or
restart or anything else.  Those changes are immediate.  I'm pretty sure
.htaccess is indeed read on every page request, just like your browser
sends your authentication tokens across every time you access a site
requiring Basic or Digest HTTP authentication.

</snip>