.httacess Question.

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at habitat.org
Mon Oct 9 13:48:32 UTC 2006

Attempting to set up a .httaccess file to do a redirect for any page
requestin except if is should fall in one particular directory.

I have two questions, one is it appears to be some delay in when I ftp
the .httaccess to the web site and when it takes effect. Is that true?
If so is there some idea of what that delay might be.

Next I played with both using the redirect the and the rewriterule
commands but I think I got confused because of the delay I believe I was
experiencing. Sometime it would go to the new web site but the directory
structure is not the same and it would carry over the orginal directory
structure

What would the best approach to get any thing other than keepme
directory to to a new website (just the root level)?
Something like:
Redirect 301 !http://www.oldwebsite.com/keepme
http://www.newwebsite.com

(english) permenant redirect all page request to www.newwebsite.com as