Have some problem installing ubuntu

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:07:28 UTC 2006

On 09/10/06, ikram ul-haq <ikramulhaq389 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi to everybody
>                      I tried to install ubuntu, but after booting from cd
> and giving command to install .selecting the language option my monitor goes
> blank,showing no picture what so ever but cpu is running. Is there some
> problem with my vga card or monitor
> or i used the wrong way to install, can somebody helps me fixing this
> problem.my computer specification are under
> Intel celeron processor 2.0 ghz on Asus (p4sdr) motherboard  and Ram 512
> mbyte
> chipset sis650 and vga is sis 650(64 mb shared memory).

If you press CTRL-ALT-F1 through to F7, when this occurs you will attempt to
switch to another console screen (F7 is normally the X server screen, where
your GUI would appear).

If you do this, do you get some display on your monitor?

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...