problems ssh'ing OUT of my desktop (GUI only...)

Matthew Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Sat Oct 7 15:21:14 UTC 2006

i'm stumped. if i fire up my desktop, and try to ssh out (to a few
different boxes), it just hangs, or rather sits there doing nothing in
stead of logging in (when i have shared keys) or prompting me for my
password (where i don't have shared keys). if i remove the host_id, i
will get prompted to accept the new one, but then, once again, nothing.

the thing that makes this really weird is the fact that all other
network works fine, AND, if i switch to a diffrent tty such as 1, or 2
let say, i can ssh out just fine, and then can switch back to gnome, and
using the control_master i have set up, ssh out fine. i've tried this
with both gnome-terminal and regular old xterm....

any ideas?

thanks

--
Matthew Nicholson <sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com>