best audio/sound converter

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sat Oct 7 14:40:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 07:01 +0200, GĂ©rard BIGOT wrote

> <teach mode>
>
> When you encode number on more than one byte, the first question you
> have to  answer is  : 'do I put the biggest part of the number at the
> beginning or at the end of the lot of bytes?".  For lots of reasons,
> the two answer are globally equivalent, and, historically the
> different kind of plateformes (SPARC, intel, ...) have had one or the
> other.
> The problem is when you want to transfer one indianness encoding from
> the other you have somehow to trancode it, or it wont work.
>

>         Aren't Endians Native Americans or something?
>
> Indians (with I at the beginning) are people from india. Native
> Americans are called Indians because Christopher Columbus thought he
> reached india, when in fact he discovered america. At this time,
> nobody knew there was something between espagna and india, on the
> westbound road he was exploring.
>
> </teach mode>

Great thanks for the history lesson, but that I knew already, I was
being a little sarcastic :P

But anyway, it still doesn't answer the question: what are endians?
Having read your reply I guess they aren't people who live in wigwams in
America. What does endians mean in relation to my audio converstions
etc.