How to install GnuCash?

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Fri Oct 6 10:40:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 20:05 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:

>  [Snipped:  Lots of stuff about ./configure complaining it can't
> find stuff  ;-)  ]
>
> Chanchao, have you tried this, *before*  you run ./configure :
>
> sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash                          ?

Ah..!  I guess that would work, even though it's the old gnucash
version??  Will try it right away...  So far happily chugging along with
libgnomeui-dev, libgnomeprint-dev, libgnomeprintui-dev, libgtkhtml-dev,
etc etc etc ... :)

However................ just ran apt-get build-dep gnucash but it did
not work:

---

# apt-get build-dep gnucash
 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree... Done
 E: Unable to find a source package for gnucash

However with apt-cache search it does find the package:

# apt-cache search gnucash
 gnucash - A personal finance tracking program
 gnucash-common - A personal finance tracking program
 gnucash-docs - Documentation for gnucash, a personal finance tracking program

---

Cheers,
Chanchao