Please Help, problems installing Ubuntu 6.06

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 10:05:46 UTC 2006

On 06/10/06, cl at isbd.net <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

You're problem almost certainly lies with the CD/DVD drive being on a
> PATA (i.e. old fashioned IDE) interface which isn't recognised by the
> Linux kernel.  It boots using the BIOS and then can't see the CD to
> continue.

Is this a problem with this specific motherboard/chipset? I ask because I've
never seen a CD/DVD which wasn't on an IDE interface. I'd have thought that
the IDE drivers would be able to find and use this device unless the vendor
has done something very strange with the chipset.

Also, I was considering this mobo for a new box, and this concerns me a
little... I was going to order it this afternoon so I'm glad I saw this post
this morning!

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...