How to install GnuCash?

Erik Christiansen erik at dd.nec.com.au
Fri Oct 6 08:39:58 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 03:14:39PM +0700, Chanchao wrote:

> checking for gconf-2.0 >= "2.0"... Package gconf-2.0 was not found in
> the pkg-co nfig search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
> containing `gconf-2.0.pc'  to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> No package 'gconf-2.0' found
> configure: error: Library requirements (gconf-2.0 >= "2.0") not met;
> consider ad justing the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
> libraries are in a nons tandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Chanchao,

   Have to go home, so can't poke around too much on this, but a quick
squiz at my system located /usr/bin/gconftool-2 . It looks like here's a
gconf2 database in a pile of files in /etc/gconf/2 . Haven't looked, but
there might be clues at http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf

   Sorry to drop it there.

Avagoodweekend!,
Erik