Grub Boot Error 2 - Help please

Darren Grant dgrant at monstertech.ca
Mon Oct 2 20:22:39 UTC 2006

If anyone could help me out, I'm receiving the following Grub error:

"GRUB Loading stage1.5.
Grub loading, please wait...
Error 2"

I believe my RAID-1 has been compromised. I was able to use a GENTOO
Live CD and boot to a shell prompt in an attempt to look at the drives.
Trying to mount sdb1 is fine. Trying to mount sda1 returns errors. So
I'm assuming I have a problem with my first drive.

Is there an easy way to attempt to rebuild the array without destroying
any of the data? This system is being used as a web/email/db server, so
needless to say the data is critical. Or is there an easy way I could
just boot to sdb and then try to mirror the info on that back to sda? I
believe all partitions except for swap are fd-Linux Raid and have been
mirrored from sda to sdb. Priority is getting the server back up and
running asap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.