installing KPPP

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 2 17:00:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:13:50 -0300
Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> > If you have universe repos enabled, try the package: gnome-ppp.  In
> > synaptic, it is listed under networking (universe).
>
> That's hardly going to help him install kppp.  The correct answer is that
> (for either ppp gui) you need to add "universe" to the repositories
> in /etc/apt/sources.list.

$ apt-cache policy kppp | grep Packages
        500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com dapper-updates/main Packages
        500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com dapper/main Packages

kppp is actually in main - and as far as I know it is installed in Kubuntu
by default

gnome-ppp is in universe, though

The easiest way to add all repositories in Ubuntu is probably to open
System - Administration - Software Properties  and check all the options
for universe, and optionally multiverse

Peter